NPCOLLEGE Blended Curriculum Delivery
ONLINE AccessImportant Information for Students, Faculty and Staff.
Please read the latest Bulletin regarding information about the College and your classes:
• Latest Information for Faculty, Staff and Students.
April 23, 2020
Since the Stay at Home Order issued by California authorities still remain the same as of today and have been extended until the end of May 15, 2020, NPCollege will continue its operations as follows:
MRI Simulators Practice:
In the following weeks using MRI simulators on campus will be scheduled by your instructors and will be by appointment only. All the necessary precautions will be taken when you are coming to use the simulators. A set of recommendations given by the CDC on the usage of preventive protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers is being implemented. This will include but not be limited to wearing masks and gloves during the simulator sessions (college provides the equipment), as well as continuous disinfection procedures between simulator testing sessions. The simulator area will have no more than 6 students in the room.
Practice sessions on the Hemodialysis machines on campus are being scheduled by your instructor and are by appointment only on Saturdays starting this Saturday, April 25th between 8 am and 1:30 pm. Rotations will be 1 hour to 1.5 hours long. All the necessary precautions will be taken when you are coming to use the machines. A set of recommendations given by the CDC on the usage of preventive protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers is being implemented. This will include but not limited to wearing masks and gloves during the simulator sessions (college provides the equipment), as well as continuous disinfection procedures in between simulator sessions. The practice area will have no more than 6 students in the room and 2 students per machine.
April 3, 2020
Since the Stay at Home Order issued by California authorities still remain the same as of today and have been extended until the end of April, NPCollege will continue its operations as follows:
College Hours of Operations
All our instructors and staff will be available to assist you online and on campus during the following hours:
- Administrative offices: 8 am – 5 pm – (if on campus, by appointment only and if necessary)
- Academic operations: 8 am – 8:30 pm mostly online (on campus, by appointment only)
- We are proud to announce that we have moved almost all of our written tests to an online testing system. As of today, 97% of all the students population have tested successfully online. We thank all the students who initially gave us their support on testing this system and allowed for continuous improvement. Your feedback and patience is greatly appreciated. We hope you find this system student-friendly and less stressful. Please keep giving us your feedback.
- DMS scanning tests: Scanning tests on campus will be scheduled by your instructors and are by appointment only. All the necessary precautions will be taken when you are coming to scan. A set of recommendations given by CDC on the usage of preventive protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers is being implemented. This will include but not limited to wearing masks, gowns, gloves, and face shields during the scanning sessions (college provides the equipment), as well as continuous disinfection procedures in between scans. Scanning tests will have no more than 6 students in the room.
- All classes with online lectures will continue as scheduled. Instructors will be out of campus lecturing online. Please keep checking your emails for the lecture invitations from your instructors and learn a lot from them. As more students are trying to use online services, we will possibly experience delays in receiving and sending emails in the days to come as the nation's web networks will get more crowded. Please let us know your experience, so we can find solutions.
MRI Simulator practice
For MRI students starting modules that will use the MRI simulator, this practice will happen upon your return during the module you are jumping in, either Physics II, Cross Sectional Anatomy, or Pathology.
- DMS scanning practices will continue by appointment only for specific days on campus. Your instructors will be scheduling groups less than 6 students to ensure all the recommended precautions are being followed.
- We are recommending this class to return on Sat, April 18th. We are working on the possibility of moving this class online with specific days of practice. The college will be in contact with you regarding this via email, so please be attentive to your email and reply right away when when requested.
Off campus MRI LABS
- All off campus MRI labs are placed on hold until further notice for the safety of the students and the sites' patients. Upon return we will provide a calendar of labs to attend while we keep working with the clinical sites offering Lab practices.
- As of today a good amount of our clinical sites have reduced their operations or closing down completely. If your site is one of those operating regularly and willing to train you, please continue at your site and follow their operations procedures if you want to voluntarily continue with your externship. If your site is reducing its operations hours, closing down, or asking you to stop your externship, please communicate with Lesli or Britany immediately.
- If you are electing to take time off, please let Lesli or Britany know. A Leave of Absence (LOA) will be needed. You will resume your externship upon your return and will continue until you complete the needed hours.
- Online lectures happen during the time your on campus classes were scheduled so you can attend without a change in your schedule. Please remember that by attending your lectures, you are getting the proper attendance credits.
Returning to campus after COVID-19
- Upon your return, the college will assess each student's performance to determine if additional instruction and training (at no cost) will be necessary to meet the established curriculum standards and competencies.
Financial Aid / Fiscal
- Financial Aid or other Federal Funds for your studies will remain in good standing if you maintain your proper attendance and grades. All corresponding agencies will be reported on your attendance and academic performance according to their guidelines.
- Contact Alejandro Andrade in the Fiscal department for your schedule installment payments.
We will continue updating you with more information weekly. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in contact with us to the school or send us an email.
March 18, 2020
Online Classes For Most StudentsEffective March 18, 2020 through April 6, NPCOLLEGE will be switching to a Blended Curriculum Delivery format to institute social distancing in an effort to help slow the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19. To accommodate this, we have created temporary accounts for all of our students in GoToMeeting.
If you need an orientation on how to access your live-streamed GoToMeeting courses, please contact campus support as soon as possible. You will be required to download the app to have access to your live-streamed course.
General education and Hemodialysis courses are exempt from accessing a live-streamed class through GoToMeeting. All other courses will be streamed and recorded daily for later view.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us: